Saturday, August 3, 2013

2 Places at 1 Time

As the title suggests, it could also mean being in one place and having to do two different things for a certain sporting day. A usual everyday sport affair would be partaking in multiple sports in a day. That happens to me almost everyday being a physical educator. But when a supposed normal weekend becomes a choice for sporting organizers to make an ordinary weekend special, they choose the same dates to hold their events.

An example is a typical Sunday marked on July 28. An ordinary Sunday becomes a special day with two sporting events. In actual, I have to be in two places at one time. I have to be in the first round of the 2013 Philippine Autocross Championship Series as a competitor and ambassador of the grass root event, while also having to be in the Mall of Asia Arena for the Philippine Super Liga volleyball finals as an official.

So what happens in such an event? Autocross in the morning and volleyball in the afternoon. Lucky the people I answer to are kind enough to understand my situation. 

At the 1st Round of the Philippine Autocross Championship Series.
I managed to do a run with my stock 1.3L car to win 3rd in the all Honda class. Actually, that was me getting lucky as I just wanted to oil my driving skills to prepare for more serious events. I wanted to do a run to enjoy myself again and I did!

After setting my runs in the Autocross event, off I went around the block the crossing of the Paranque - Pasay border heading to the Mall of Asia Arena for the Super Liga Finals. So, from race car driver to volleyball statistician, check! But then I remembered, I had to do one more thing. I wasn't just balancing that day of having two roles. Nikon lent me one of their latest products that seemed to fit my lifestyle, a Nikon 1 V2 camera. I had to take some pictures. I almost forgot, I was a blogger. More of a self denial blogger actually and I had to task myself with doing volleyball statistics and doing blog related stuff like photography and an amateur camera review.

There were three games that day for the Philippine Super Liga Finals. A ranking game between PLDT and Binggo Bonanza for fifth place which PLDT won. All these photos were taken by my amatuer-ish photography skills but with the power of the Nikon 1 V2.

DSC_4964

The second game was for third place between Cagayan Valley and Petron. Team Petron took third place that day.

DSC_4995

The championship game had TMS-Army Team prevailing over Cignal for the first ever Philippine Super Liga title.

DSC_5016

It wasn't easy sneaking shots of the game while having to continuously perfect the art of encoding statistics.
The Nikon 1 V2 gave excellent shots with minimum adjusting and almost no blur in the action shots captured. Just look at how crisp those photos are during the volleyball matches! So the day done with so many moments. Just another many sports, everyday.
DSC_4961
Volleyball Information System Encoding 
The Camera Network: A picture with
pro-camera man, Jude, who
encouraged me
to use the white NIKON 1 V2. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment